So I seem to have lost my blogging mojo somewhat. The fact of the matter is that when I lose the plot with the diet, I'm reluctant to update. It's a bit like sticking my head in the sand, but the sand is replaced with chocolate. So... image me with my head in a bucket of chocolate and you get the idea.
I'm also rubbish at keeping up with other people's blogs when this happens. While I'm in calorie induced fug I don't really enjoy reading about other's attempts to shift the lard. Sorry - totally selfish but that's just the way it is.
While I don't feel too great at the moment size and fat wise, I don't feel too bad either. I know that I've got a couple of weeks of indulgence coming up (and to be honest a lot of those days are booze filled, rather than food filled) and then it'll be New Year and time to get right back on it - again. Yup, again.
The plan of attack come Jan 11 is that even though my Slimming World group has folded (kiss of death from yours truly!) I've still got the info and I'm going to stick with it. And running. I really want to get back into running. I can crack out a 5k without too much bother but it would be good to get up to a 10k or so.
In other life news, work is going really well - although I don't think I'll ever get the hang of working from home and being at my desk at 9am. I'm planning to take off most of Christmas and New Year so looking forward to catching up with my family, friends and of course Toy Boy.
Yes, Toy Boy. What a sweetheart. It's a pain that we only get to see each other at the weekends but so far it's working out pretty well. We actually didn't end up seeing each other last weekend and so it's been almost two weeks since we clapped eyes on each other. We were champing at the bit for yesterday to arrive (when I came to see him) and have been counting down the days. But typically - I arrive and after just a few hours together we end up almost falling out! It was over nothing at all - I felt he was poopoo-ing a suggestion of mine and just generally being a twat (while in the supermarket). I flounced off to the bread aisle. But APART from that.... double thumbs up.
Here is an example of how lovely he is... We were talking about books (pah- check us and our, like, totes intellectual conversation) and I mentioned I had never read The Great Gatsby. The next time he came to mine he brings out a stack of six books from his bag, one of which is The Great Gatsby. He's brought me a selection of his own books that he thinks I should read and that I'd enjoy. And they're in a specific order, lighthearted followed by more serious etc. Revolutionary Road done, now onto Glue. How thoughtful.
His family party is tomorrow night and I'm actually really looking forward to it. Note to self - do not get too drunk and tell his family members things they do not need to know.
Finally, I'm on the verge of saying it. You know - that word. The one that makes this all a bit more serious. Hmm. Don't want to do it first though.
Friday, 17 December 2010
Thursday, 2 December 2010
Whoops - been a bit slack on the old blogging. However, I come armed with excuses...
- Double glazing. It's in! Well, one window was the wrong size and so I'm waiting for that one but the other window (I only have two windows) and the front door are in. Love. Them.
- Snow. TB ended up staying an extra night at the weekend cause of all the snow. In case you hadn't noticed GB is pretty much totally covered in snow. He couldn't get home and we were snowed in together for a night! He made the pilgrimage to the shops for some food and came back with supplies and a pair of gloves and earmuffs for me!
- Diet. Ummm... diet? Yeah, kinda have hit a bit of a hurdle there. TB is SUCH a bad influence. That is a crap excuse but there is a reason why I find it hard to slim when in a relationship - a new relationship. I have a whole post in the making about that but mainly it's because it's not FUN. I want to be carefree and spontaneous but saying no to anything fun and interesting that is related to food makes me seem like a total bore. I missed Ess Dubs on Tuesday (was cancelled cause of snow) and can't go next week cause of work but I am going to get my head down till the following week as that's my last real chance to get cracking before Christmas.
- Cold. Got a cold. Boring.
- Hair cut and massage this week- life is hard, eh?
- General chatting to TB on skype and the phone
- Christmas present buying - got a few ideas. Best thing I've bought so far - a pink spotted cake stand from BHS for a tenner for me bezzie.
- Snow - again. Had to dig my car out of the snow and then lent my spade to my neighbour that I've never met before. Although well worth it as they returned it tonight and brought a bottle of wine to say thanks. How nice!
- Christmas party planning. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - I am excited. Tonight on the phone TB told me his mum and dad are going to have an early Christmas family get together and I am invited! It's going to be the week before Christmas and they were waiting to see if I could make that date before they went ahead. This means we'll see each other every weekend until Christmas. I am happy.