Wednesday 27 August 2014

Every day is a new day.

That's my mantra right now. Every day is a new day.

My last post was pretty negative and while everything in it was true, I didn't like reading it back as I don't like vibe it was giving off. I am an extremely intolerant person, with high standards and sympathy for only those that really deserve it. That makes me sound pretty harsh! That's it in a very black and white way. However, I am also incredibly positive - and there are other nice things about me. Well, one or two. If you look really hard! Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that things diet-wise are not going my way right now, but I need to keep my chin(s) up and keep on keeping on. Every day is a new day.

So last week went down like this. Thursday and Friday were good days. I ate pretty well, worked out with my PT and had my best 5k run in about 6 weeks. Good work. After that though, it kinda went downhill. I was away for the weekend and quite simply, I made bad choices. It also didn't help that I was running a cooking activity, making fried haggis balls (with a mustard cream sauce) all weekend. Many of which made their way into my gob.

Monday, was another new day. And as days went it was pretty bloody good. Healthy food all round and I ran 5 miles without stopping - in 50mins. That's the first time I've done that in months. And I felt great. The only misdemeanour was the three heavily loaded teaspoons of nutella. Whoops.

Yeah, we have a nutella situation. Correction, we had a nutella situation. The jar, which was opened last week, has been consistently calling my name, tempting me with the suggestion of a heaped teaspoon or four, every day. And like a sugar crazed chubster, I have obliged. Well, last night I scraped that bad boy clean - nutella be gone (albeit down my throat) and then went on a 5.5km run. Gotta take the ying with the yang.

Today's plan is fruit and fibre for brekkie, leftover moroccan chicken for lunch, beef thai green noodle bowl for dinner and snacks of fruit, yogurt and half a nakd bar.

I shall be weighing in tomorrow. Who knows how the hell that will go.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, fried haggis balls? With creamy mustard sauce? Sounds amazing!! We're obsessed with haggis at the moment - I was eating it for breakfast at the weekend.

    Anyway, dieting is shitty and hard. We fight for every single ounce off and then a couple of bad days - or even relatively minor slip ups, can undo all our efforts. I think all of us are entitled to be a bit negative once in a while, especially when the scales are playing silly buggers. I hope they get their act together for your weigh in tomorrow.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.