Friday 13 July 2012

Get a move on Granny

I've been training for a 10k for the past 4 weeks thanks to the incredible online training programme from the very lovely and clever ladies at Up and Running.

Just as I finally feel like I've found my feet and can run for 45 minutes at faster and slower paces while actually enjoying (I know!) myself the inner geriatric in me has reared it's ugly head and my left hip is giving me a hard time. Most annoying.

I was planning to head out tonight to complete my 3rd and final run for the week but I just don't think it's going to do me any favours. I have to put my sensible head on.

However, a two week break lies ahead as tomorrow I'm off to Scout camp. I'm going to try and do one or two runs when I'm there, just to keep my head and legs in the game but I'm hoping that the rest will sort things out. When will the ageing process stop?!

In addition to my amazing running I've also been a dieting POWERHOUSE for the past 10 days. I'm weighing in tomorrow morning and I am really hoping to see 12stone 11lbs on the scales. That would be a  loss of 2.25lbs in 10 days. Ambitious I know. Very ambitious but for some reason that's the figure I have in my head. I don't normally like to make any predictions but what the hell... I'm feeling it, so I'll do it.

So what does two weeks away mean for the diet? Well, it's a double edged sword. Three meals a day - all cooked and prepared for you means it would be easy to pack on the pounds. But there is also constant activity. I'll be in a field, walking a couple of miles every day just to get around the place. Then again, there is a  fair amount of boozing in the evenings when I am off duty.

If I am sensible, I could stay the same or even lose a pound or two.Wouldn't the latter be amazing? I want to make the right choices and not lose sight of all my hard work in 'the real world'. I'm going to do my damnedest to be the healthy person I want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.