Wednesday 19 December 2012

Twelve in 2012

I'm not one for meme's or set questions and answers but I saw this over on The Fat Girl Fighting and decided to steal it.

1. What was your greatest personal accomplishment in 2012?
Getting down to my lowest weight ever and into Fresh Fat (FF) was brilliant. I also worked on a fantastic campaign for work which I was really proud of.

2. What’s the best thing your did for your health?  Keeping on top of last year's weight loss and getting back into running (until my hip started hurting!)

3. Share one thing that caused a significant change in your life this year. Realising that freelancing is too unstable caused me to take a temporary position with another company - which I've loved.   Being full time back in an office has been much less painful than I expected.

4. List a few things that you experienced for the first time at some point over the last twelve months. An Orcadien wedding, Cyprus holidays, moving my pussycat to my new city, meeting friend's babies. 

5. What was the coolest place you visited? The Isle of Capri. It's rammed full of tourists but it's gorgeous.  

6. If you could change one thing about the last year what would it be? To have lost more weight - and kept it off. 

7. What is the best meal you ate this year? I haven't the foggiest. Actually - I think it might have been steak and chips from a local restaurant. It was pretty damn good.

8. Tell us about a new friend you made. 2013 has been a fantastic year for new friends. I have made loads of them! Living in a new city I was really keen to find my independent groove and I've done that thanks to lots of really lovely girls. I'm a very lucky girl.  I've got lots of male friends but I'd be lost without girls in my life.

9. What did you hope to accomplish this year that you did not? If I'm going to be completely honest (and that's exactly what this blog is all about) I hoped to have got engaged to TB this year. He is the love of my life and I cannot imagine a future without him. I want us to be married more than I can I put into words. Although, I would never admit that to anyone other than a couple of my closest friends.

10. Share something you learned in 2012.  What a venn diagram is.

11. Share an odd and unexpected thing that you experienced this year. Dancing in my neighbours living room (who I barely know), totally shitfaced at 10pm - after their garden Christmas lights switch on but a few hours earlier.

12. How do you think 2013 will differ from 2012? There are lots of changes on the horizon. My contract with my current job only has a few  months to run so who knows what will happen after that. TB and I want to buy a place, I'm expecting more friends to be expecting and of course, I am planning to nail the weight loss. 11 stones - I'm coming to getcha!  

What about you? How has 2012 been for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.