Friday 4 January 2013

Marker in the sand

I feel sick. I'm sitting at my desk and I actually think I might throw up. The Hogmanay celebrations were fantastic but they have just about broken me.

In fact the whole festive period was brilliant but New Year really was a whalloper. 5 hours sleep on the 1st and 2.5 hours sleep on the 2nd - punctuated with a whole lotta partying. I've definitely exceeded my fun quota for January.

I got home at about 5pm on the 2nd. It's almost 2 days later and I still feel rough as a very mangy dog. I am so tired and the waves of nausea seem to be worse today. How is this possible?!

I was most definitely looked after the whole holidays as TB and I were staying with either my folks or his and so not only did we get fed and watered the whole time but we were taken out to eat and plied with booze on an hourly basis. Fantastic!

So now that we're back to the daily grind, how do I feel about 2013... Well, I actually feel pretty good about it but I realise I'm putting quite a bit of pressure on myself. There are some pretty meaty things I want to cross off the list this year.
  • Buy a house
  • Get a full time salaried job
  • Lose 2 stone
The smaller things I want to achieve are:
  • Read more
  • Try more recipes/baking and log them
  • Get out on my bike more
  • Be tidier
  • Exercise more
I'm going to do them all. I know I am. It's just a matter of getting my chubby finger out.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! (a wee bit belated, I know!) Good luck for your 2013 goals; I know you can do it!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    I look forward to reading your progress on those goals.

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.