Thursday 16 October 2014

Sisters are doing it for themselves

Oh my, it's been a busy busy past 10 days since my last post.


  • Life at the moment (and for the foreseeable) is all about DIY. We're hauling out our 1970's pine kitchen, ripping up the terracotta tiles and knocking a bloody great hole in the wall through to the dining room. All the cupboards are now empty and I have a little makeshift kitchen in the guest bedroom - another room we have yet to decorate - hence the interesting pink and curtains! 

  • I have a laundry room! The precursor to doing the kitchen is making the basement into a nice place for our new washing machine and tumble dryer. Last night the floor was laid and the washing machine is plumbed in! This excites me FAR too much. This is a quick before and almost after.

 

  • Thank you cards. I still haven't finished my wedding thank you cards and this is giving me some serious anxiety. Well, maybe not serious but I am not happy with myself. Tomorrow we will have been married five months! Terrible behavior. I only need to do about another 15 and we are done. Must get the finger out. 
  • I got about 5 inches whacked off my hair and not one sodding person has noticed. It's still pretty long though so really not that different. But come one - 5 inches people!  However, I am booked in for Lob (Long bob, dontcha know) in about six weeks. Oh my. 
  • I have not done a jot of exercise since I blogged about that 5k which was almost two weeks ago now. The reason for this is that I have been feeling pretty sicky still - and tired! BUT  - I am booked into spinning tomorrow with my one friend I have made in the town. I am most definitely not gonna go hell for leather but I gotta do something as I am soon going to turn into a piggy.
  • I'm 10 weeks pregnant today. Whooppeee! I've got this (American) app which tells you what size the baby is each week. Today, we're on prune - a 1.5 inch long prune! Little Prunella! I cannot wait until we have our 12 weeks scan and I can tell people. We were at a wedding at the weekend and once again I had to pretend to be drinking. Not easy! And I feel like I am lying to people. I met a good friend for lunch who is pregnant and I can't talk about what is really going on with me! Just last night two friends invited us out for dinner and drinks next weekend. Noooo - I can't go through another night having to pretend I'm drinking when I'm not. TB's parents suggested saying I am on antibiotics. HA! Do they not realise I might as well take out a full page ad in the local paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.