Thursday 4 December 2014

Chop

I totally forgot to mention I got the chop!

My hair has been long for years. About five years and for several of those it has been really long. But no more. About a week ago I got it whacked off and am now sporting shoulder length  tresses. Most enjoyable. I am loving the shorter do and for once haven’t had a total freak out. I am however, now having to deal with many burns on my hands as I do prefer it with a curl and so the red hot wand is a regular occurrence of a morning.  When I get it (and my face) looking good I shall post a pic.

I knocked out another 5k yesterday! Well, knocked out is a bit of an exaggeration.  I completed a 5k without stopping – with a very slow time of 35 mins. It was a gorgeous sunny and frosty day – those are my favourite running days and make me think of this time last year when a 4 mile run was the norm. Yesterday though, I felt really sluggish. My feet feel like they are just lifting of the ground and no more, like I’m dragging myself along. Whereas once, I was throwing myself round the streets like a whippet. A whippet I tell you! Well, carrying an extra stone and a baby (which is the size of a 5 inch turnip now!) will do that to ya. I did it though and felt really good for it; maybe not in my body but in the old noggin. There is life is the heifer yet!


I was planning to hit up spinning tomorrow but I've woken up today with a really sore throat and feel totally knackered. So we shall see. I don’t want to overdo it as I have two nights out this weekend. Oh yeah, two big ones baby. Sure, I’ll be on the soda water and lime and will be driving home to my folks’ place afterwards but regardless, I am gonna squeeze into a dress which hopefully doesn't make me look like a sausage escaping its skin, slather on the slap and hit the town!

1 comment:

  1. Gah! Hope the sore throat feels better soon! I need to see this new do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.