Tuesday 17 June 2014

Free time shmime

I knew there was no way I'd come back from honeymoon and I would have oodles of time on my hands. I'm never going to be the person who has oodles of time my hands, and even if I did I would fill it somehow.

We had a weekend at home this weekend - a whole weekend! And it was bloody lovely - but busy. Saturday (after my first lie in since we got home from hols) we headed off the the nearest big city to check out some kitchen showrooms. That's our next big project, doing the kitchen up. That was draining. We thought we knew what we wanted and now we've gone totally off in a new direction and are possibly back to where we started! 

Then on Sunday we decided to spend half an hour planting the rhubarb we got as a wedding present. 4 hours later we were still hauling weeds out. I suppose, we've not touched the back garden since we moved in almost a year ago and it had gone somewhat wild. We then had a bbq with the in-laws and a couple of pals. All very civilised!

On the healthy living front, I can't lie. It's not been 100% There was cake on Friday  night, boiled sweets on Saturday, too much food at the bbq and then also Eaton mess (which I made!). But, and this is a big but (haha!) the exercise front is very much AWN. Yesterday especially I was kicking arse and it felt amazing and all of a sudden I am feeling much more focused. I also have my lovely new sneaks - which are green and sexy and make me want to go running even more.  On Thursday I ran 8km. On Friday I had a PT session (which was h.a.r.d) then yesterday I did my new gym resistance programme. However, it was too nice to be stuck inside a building and so I did it in the back garden with a garden chair and some paint tins. I then did 30 mins (5k) of interval training. I then ran another 2.5km miles to pick up my bike from the repair shop. I then cycled home. THEN TB and I did a 12km cycle after dinner. Holy macaroni! ON FIRE.

I also treated myself to some new flowery shoes and a dress for work which was £5 in the sale! Only once wearing said dress did I realise why it's £5; it's designed with a massive slit in the top. Eh?
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Wow, but your posts always make me feel exhausted!! :-) Very jealous of the rhubarb plants - what a gorgeous wedding present!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.