Wednesday 3 August 2011

Eat me

Since my last post about my mega huge Spanish omlette type effort, I've made a slight modification.

While it's super healthy, three eggs is quite a lot and so I've reduced the number of eggs to two and I'm adding some of this bad boy.

There is quite a lot of the egg white mix in the carton and since it cost about £2.80 (or thereabouts, I can't quite remember now) and you've to use it within three days of opening I was a bit hesitant about buying it. But then... I had a brainwave. I froze it into individual portions by using an ice cube bag!I knew I was going to need some today for lunch so I popped three in a bowl this morning and by lunchtime they were defrosted and ready to go!

So how does it taste with one less yolk? Definitely not as flavoursome and I felt like I needed to add a touch more salt. However, I think it's a case of getting used to it and maybe adding more nutmeg or something else to give it more taste.

In other news I wanted to show you a dress I bought last April and only wore for the first time last week. I love the colour and the tiny dots on this number, but the way it ties at the back means that any tummy rolls are on show through the synthetic material and so I've not been confident about wearing it till now. 



Sorry about the mess in my room- and my hair. It's all over the shop. It's such an Alice and Wonderland dress - love it! It's so synthetic though that I think it'll be too hot for Croatia. Finally. how amazing is this ring! Top shop sale, I salute you.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely dress! Seriously no tummy rolls there though - you look fab!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy balls, i love that dress. It's so whimsical! And my God, if you aren't looking incredibly fit! I'm seething with jealousy, but also extremely happy for you! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look AMAZING! Are you a size 12 now? Because that's what it looks like.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! And thats such a great idea freezing the egg whites, as I've been deliberating buying those egg whites, and now I have the perfect way of keeping them going for longer than three days!

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.