Wednesday 24 August 2011

Weigh in

As long as you're still in the 12s. C'mon the 12s.

That's what I've been telling myself. That was my mantra as I got on the scales this morning. I didn't feel like I'd put that much weight on; my jeans feel pretty much the same, my boobs and tummy feel marginally bigger but as far as I could see that was the extent of it. Or was this wishful thinking.

With all my scale hopping in London I reckoned I was 12 stone 7.5lbs the day I went on holiday. A weight I've not seen for a long, long time and I really want to see it again soon. Is 12 days of carefree and careless eating going to make 12 and a half stone a dim and distant memory?

I looked down at the numbers, ready to get a true reflection of my beer guzzling and pizza devouring.12 stone 10.5lbs. I do believe that's a gain of 3lbs. Only 3lbs! Amazing amazing amazing! Something has changed. I'm not sure what but the days of going on holiday and gaining half a stone in a week are gone!

The more I think about it the more I think it's down to the 'one more day' attitude. Do yourself a favour and keep holiday eating to holiday. I had a really frugal eating day yesterday and went to spinning last night, meaning I had one great day of healthy living under my belt before weighing in. If I weighed in yesterday I fully expect I would have been at least a pound heavier. 3 lbs is somehow much much easier to process re-losing than 4lbs. If I had eaten before holiday for a few days and again at the end for a few days, I'm sure that 4lbs would be 7lbs.

This is it. I am truly going to do it this time. 2011 is my year. The next six months are pretty mental, there is so much going on that I have to tell you about that means I really need to push on as much as I can. I'll tell you all about it very soon.

Finally, spinning last night just about killed me. I found it so hard. I am not exaggerating when I tell you I was almost sick at the end of the class. It wasn't my muscles but my breathing that was fecked. Fitness, I love you - come back to me!

Starting Weight: 204.25 pounds
Current Weight: 178.5 pounds
Weight Loss This Week: plus 3 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 25.75 pounds
Me at the lights at the sea organ in Zadar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.