Saturday 6 August 2011

I love it when a plan comes together

I am fricking exhausted and I've not even started getting ready for the wedding I'm going to tonight.

By the time I got off the plane and into London it was 11.30pm when I met my friends at the pub. They were all pretty hammered and so it would have been rude of me to not try and catch up!

We eventually made it home at about 2.30am and I jumped (staggered) onto my friend's (let's call her Aunty) scales - which are actually my old scales. Oooh, if they could talk, they tales of stroppy weigh in's they could tell. 12 stone 13lbs flashed up (they only register whole pounds). I then popped back on them this morning (more for interest's sake) and got a reading of 12 stone 10lbs. So they are roughly a pound heavier than mine, not that it really matters. So now at least I've got a base reading to go from while in the big smoke.

After gassing away for ages, we finally got to sleep about 3.30am. We then woke up at 7.10am! Gah. Not good. We chatted for about half an hour and then luckily managed to get back to sleep until just after 9. I felt pretty rough but that is no barrier to weight loss and smugness; deep breath.... 6.5km run to, and around Hampstead Heath, was done and dusted by 11am. We did walk some of the way but I am bloody happy with that as my mouth was as dry as a Pharaoh's sock. I love being outside and what a great view from the top of the hill over the city. If you know the lookout point I'm talking about then you'll know the hill you have to go up to get there. I didn't quite managed to run to the top - half way though.

On the way back to I clocked a well know gym just beside Aunty's flat. The same gym I am a member of at home. Can you see where I am going with this? Yup, I popped in and it turns out I'm allowed to go there! So, here is the plan... On Wednesday I'm meeting a friend for lunch in the centre of town. I'll then come out to the gym for a last chance workout. After that it'll be time for a light tea and the last thing I'll do before I leave for the airport is weigh myself.

Not the perfect plan as I ate around about 4 hours before I weighed in last night but it's the best I can do. I know this all might seem a bit OTT and obsessive but if that's what's going to keep me on track until I go on holiday - then so be it and I'm quite fine with that.

Righto - better be off to put on my short, hot pink, strapless dress for this evening reception. Having last minute doubts about being brave enough to wear it but it's too late now!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Wow - a run on a hangover AND up a hill. In awe...

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.