Friday 5 August 2011

Weigh in

Greetings from 35,000 feet!

Okay, not really from 35,000. I'm writing this while on a plane (just going over Manchester- hello Helen!) but of course, I'm on flight mode on my phone. I'm not that naughty! I'll hit publish when we land.

Weigh in was this morning and the result was... A quarter of a pound off. Pathetic really. I could probably blow my nose and lose more than that but.... I lost almost 4lbs last weigh in and I was away camping etc etc. It's also my low week.

So with all that said, I'm quite okay with it. It may be the smallest of losses but it's a loss and it's all going in the right direction. I'm now 12 stone 9.5lbs- which still makes me smile. Hee hee!

The last time I was on a plane was exactly 2 months ago when I was almost a stone heavier. I felt great then but imagine my delight when I placed my posterior in the seat tonight and there is room on either side of me. I actually did a little clap and said to myself: "this is why you do it". And by 'it' I mean kill myself in the gym, turn down the cooked breakfasts, do dynamic lunges with 10kg weight in each hand (which I hate!), avoid oil and butter, cycle everywhere (although I am in love with my bike), say no to bacon rolls, never eat white bread. The list goes on but it's booooring! You get the gist, right?

And while I love looking thinner and having a greater choice of clothes to wear, the feeling of being able to fit comfortably into a plane seat, to feel normal, is beyond words.

I clearly remember flying to Japan in 2003 when I was just over 15 stone. I couldn't put the arm rest all the way down and I was encroaching into the skinny French girl's seat next to me. I was so embarrassed and uncomfortable. I then ate a bag of toffee's before we landed.

So what's the plan for the next weigh in? I'll tell you! 2 stone, baby. No, not to lose 2 stone from now; I'm good, not that good. 2 stone in total- which means I need to lose 1.25lbs. Can I do it? Well, I'm going to give it a bloody good go.

As I've mentioned, I'm away from home as of now until early on Thursday when I go to Croatia. I need to try and find a set of scales I can weigh myself on asap and again at the same time of day on Wednesday. Not sure how that's gonna work or if it will but regardless I'll be putting the work in.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Being able to see your efforts in such a tangible way must of been awesome! Go you!

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.