Monday 26 November 2012

Booze hound

I'm getting too old for this shit.

Two nights hard boozing, not enough sleep and 9 hours of driving makes for a knackering weekend and I for one, am suffering today.

So tired. All I want do so is go home and lie down. It's not gonna happen though. I'm on the go today till after 10pm tonight so it's time to buck up and shut up.

It was worth it though. We had a really great weekend with lots of lovely friends. While we didn't go anywhere apart from the big converted house we were all staying in, it was pretty busy. 27 adults and 9 children was pretty full on! Three of the children were actually babies that were just a few months old and so if you sat still for too long you ended up getting one on plopped on you. It was the 6 year old that I seemed to be with most of the time. In between nail varnish painting sessions, story reading and dancing it was just a constant talkathon. Just as well she is as cute as button.

When it came to negotiating all the cakes and treats from the weekend, I did.... okay. Don't get me wrong I indulged in a scone and clotted cream. a slice of jaffa loaf, a slice of white chocolate cheesecake and a fairy cake. Not great but considering how much there was on the go, there is a victory of some sort in there somewhere. Yesterday, however - it was not good. Roll and square sausage for breakfast, mac and cheese for lunch, half a chinese for dinner. Oh dear. And let's not forget the booze. So much drinking. I really need to cut down. It cannot be good for me how much I am putting away.

So where does this leave me when it comes to the scales. I don't really know to be honest. What I do know is that I'm right back on it today. I feel pretty crappy and food is not high on the agenda. I actually made my usual porridge for breakfast, took one whiff of it and threw it in the bin. I did end up having some eggs but  I think it's safe to say I'm feeling rather fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.