Friday 2 November 2012

Never again November

According to my mother, November 2011 was 'Never to be repeated November'. Yesterday morning I got a text...

Prepare for NEVER BETTER NOVEMBER - it's going to be a corker! Plan ahead 'cos we are going to blast it! RSVP xx

Yes, she used an apostrophe to shorten because and she also used RSVP. Anyway, the point is that it's been decided that this month is going to be a killer - whether I like it or not!

Yesterday, the first of November (Captain's Log) I took a huge step. Not only did I go back to the gym, I went to spinning! I've not been to a spinning class for maybe about 9 months and the last time I went to a 45 minute spinning class was about a year ago! I'm a member of Pure Gym and it's a nightmare to get booked into classes. Spin is always flippin rammed but I decided to rock up after work last night just in case and if it was full then I'd just do general gym stuff. As turned out there were TWO spare bikes (do not get me started on people who book and then never turn up) and boy, did I spin.

It started off all hunky dory and about 15 minutes in, the endorphins were flowing. I though to myself, "Why did I ever stop coming? This is great. I LOVE this." 30 seconds later I thought, "I think I'm going to be sick". Jesus wept, it was hard. Really hard. And sitting down today... well, let's just say the adverb, gingerly, is apt.

My eating was spot on yesterday with the only possible room for improvement being the Thai salmon curry we had for tea  - less sauce and rice, more veg would have been perfect.

Today has again, been fricking amazing and I also stomped about at lunchtime for 40 mins as I had to walk to the gym and back again (to pick up my boots I left there last night. Smart). I also bought some very lovely new running tops to trick myself into going out running tomorrow as I will think I look cool and will want to show off as I huff and puff my way around the countryside as we are TB's folks.

It's also been a whirlwind week job wise - but more on that later as it's 40 mins till hometime and I have work to finish. Have a bon weekend mes amies. Beaucoup amour! x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.