Monday 12 November 2012

Weigh in

How has it been a week since my last post?! Life is just going past so quickly. This year has been mental.

That's a year since TB and I moved in together and I upped sticks and moved over 100 miles so we could be together. Best decision ever. There have been a few moments along the way which took more effort than others as I found my feet in a new city and my place in it but in the past 12 months I've met some brilliant people and made some fantastic new friends, friends which I think I'll have for life.

I often use the word lucky to describe myself, but that's exactly what I am. Things have a way of working out and I don't take it for granted. Especially when it comes to TB. He is my world and meeting him has been the best thing that ever happened to me. Not a day goes by where I know that he's made me happier than I've ever been.

Oh my, I didn't meat to get all sentimental there. I think it might have come from the fact that a friend of mine lost his girlfriend at the weekend. Both just in their 30's it was totally out the blue. I can't stop thinking about them and it makes you realised that there is no time to concern yourself with the minutia and the past. It's the here and now that matters - and the people you love.

I'm gonna move on as this post was meant to be a quick update and weigh in update, and I need to think about something else. So - 1lb off last week. I was quite happy with that and it keeps me on target to get me back into the 'comfort zone' by Christmas if I lose a pound a week. So what else has been going down?

  • Snippy snipperson - serious hair cut. About 5 inches off (it's still half way down my back) bangs and back to brown. Total change and while I'm getting used to it I've had a lot of very nice compliments which has been lovely.
  • Playing catchup - I spent most of Thursday last week jumping from lunch to coffee to dinner with various different friends as I played catch up. So good to see everyone
  • Very boozy Friday night at home with my girls and then a weekend with TB as I'd not seen him since Tuesday. Lots of sofa surfing, out for lunch, a walk, cinema. Perfect.

What wasn't perfect was my eating. Wednesday to Friday evening was insane, it was so good. 100% sheer perfection. Then, I had far too much to drink and a rather large pudding at my friend's house. The rest of the weekend was spent trying to eat my way out the hangover. Not great. Exercise has also been seriously lacking as a result of diving around the country like a total maddie most of last week. I'm going to the gym tomorrow night  - but one workout does not a loss make.

Weight Loss This Week: 1 pound
Current Weight: 185.25 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.