Tuesday 4 March 2014

Izzy Wizzy

Cripes, it's Tuesday already!

I feel super busy just now and not really on top of everything I'd like to be. I'm just too busy living a lovely little life - while also planning a wedding. So it's good busy but I just don't feel like I've stopped.

On Friday after a gym workout and 18 minutes of interval training (oh man - that is hard going) I jumped on the train to London where I was catching up with some of my closest friends. It was so good to see them all and have a right good catch up. I used to be really close to my friend, let's call her The Nun but after she moved south we didn't see each other very often. Somehow over two years has passed since I saw her last and now she's got two kids! We hung out for most of Saturday and it was brilliant. I get a nice warm feeling when think about it and how although so much has changed, we just picked up from where we left off.

Over the weekend I felt like I really paid attention to healthy eating and boy oh boy, was I on form? Yes. that's the answer to that question, yes I was! The only little dip that was unplanned was some Belvita biscuits on the train on the way home on Sunday and about a third of a chinese when I got home. I was starving, it was late at night - life happens. Based on the past five days, I would really hope (and expect) to see the scales go down. But as we all know, that means nothing!

Flying in the face of those pesky scales is how I feel (pretty damn good) and what my two friends who I last saw at Hogmanay said, when I arrived at their place on Friday night. Something along the lines of "Oh my God, you're so thin - you've lost even more weight!". Ha! That's just it, I've lost just a few pounds in that time, but 'something' appears to be working! 

In between the meal planning, exercise (badminton and a 5 miler yesterday) and oh yeah, working for a living... the wedding planning is really beginning to crank up. Last night we were up past midnight getting all the invitations for our day guests sorted. TB was carefully folding and inserting. I was scratching around trying to find everyone's addresses. I had them all for the save the dates but did I put them all in one place? No, that would be far too sensible. Instead I ended up having to rake through text messages, emails, two spreadsheets and a few written lists. But they are done! They day ones being franked by my dad in his office tomorrow and so in no time at all they will be in the hands of the guests! Heeheee! This is getting real. I get a funny feeling in my tummy now when I think about it. I get another kind of feeling when I think about all the other stuff we still have to do!

Next up on the list, evening invitations out, order the best man and ushers kilt jackets, a hair trial and another dress fitting this Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes....I need a bit of a sit down after reading all that! Good luck for your next weigh in. It sounds like you've been stellar. Keep it up! L x

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.