Monday 29 September 2014

Some night last night

So there you have it - I've got one in the oven. Wheeeee!

We have been really lucky that things have happened so quickly for us and I'm still in a state of shock. Well, I was in a state of shock as apart from the two lines on the test telling me it was so, I've been feeling great.

What is all this tiredness and morning sickness people have been banging on about, I thought to myself. Until about a week ago. And then I ate my words.

For the past seven days I've felt like I've had a stinking hangover. It comes in waves but there is queasiness that is never far away and oh my god, my head. I've never really been one for sore heads but I have had thumping headache several times every single day. On Thursday I met a friend for lunch, got on the train home and when I got in, mid afternoon, I had to have a sleep for an hour. Ha! I have become so pathetic. And as for exercising.... you have got to be joking. I can barely go up the stairs without being out of breath and wanting to puke.

I saw my PT on Friday and I had to tell him, as I had to stop all time to compose myself and 'breathe' away the queasiness.

Safe to say I am not happy about this. I want to be out running. I want to be nipping up the stairs at home without feeling like a geriatric.

And the eating. Oh my god. OH MY GOD. I feel hungry ALL THE TIME and when I feel sicky, eating helps. So guess what, I am chowing down BIG STYLE. There is no reason for me to look preggo yet but my chubby tummy certainly doesn't agree.

Last weigh day I was 12stone 11.75lbs. I am quite confident I'm going to be seeing the 13s come this week's weigh day on Thursday. Yes, that's partly my new, massive jugs but the rest of that is chub, not baby.

Now, yes - there will be people who will be thinking "you are pregnant, now is not the time to worry about your weight." WRONG.

This is most definitely the time to worry about my weight. Healthy me = healthy baby. I'm not saying I'm planning to lose weight but I need to get a grip on things. I am eating WAY too much. Fish supper for tea on Saturday, crumpets and jam for an afternoon snack, butter on my toast with scrambled eggs - and black pudding! I need to get back to healthy eating and some sort of control on my portions. I.e. I just met a friend for lunch at Pizza Express. I got a small pizza and a portion of dough balls. Eh? Dough balls? Since when?!

I've signed up for another 10 sessions with my PT so that will help to keep me moving and hopefully this yucky feeling will go soon and I can get back to making better choices.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You are right to keep tabs on the chub but also listen to what your body is telling you it needs. You'll do great things. L xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.