Saturday 24 March 2012

Budget Busting Extras

I'm on a strict budget these days but even when I'm not watching the pennies I'm a total tight arse when it comes to spending money on clothes and shoes.

For example, I really will only pay £15 for a pair of jeans. If they are £30 the shop assistant practially has to use a wrench to get my bank card out my hand. You can pretty much always find me in H&M, Primark and New Look. Sometimes Dotty P and from time to time, M&S.  Very occasionally Top Shop but to be honest, at almost 32 years old and not a size 10, I feel a bit out of place in that shop. And then there is the cost of their togs that just ain't worth it (mostly).

However, over the past few years I have gotten a couple of brilliant items from Tesco. The price is great, the fit is good (mainly) - and many of the shops are open 24 hours a day! The other day I hopped on my bike and popped off to Asda (for a lemon and some mustard seeds). The sun was shining, I was squinting. Without my trusty massively oversized shades I was practically a danger on the roads and so I nipped off to George at Asda to see what they had on offer. Well check out these sporty bad boys - and all for just £3.50.




I'm normally a fan of really dark shades, really big, dark shades, with little fuss but these are the perfect accessory for my old skool bike.  I've also been on the lookout for a new bag recently. I like one that's big enough to take all my crap but that I can also wear across my body as well as over one shoulder - again this is the bike chat coming through. I need to be able to sling my bag across my body and get my pedal on.  I love the colour of this bag, something light and fun for the lighter days, and it was only a fiver! That's right five of your pound sterling for this baby in Primark right now.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good bargain! As a student on a VERY tight budget, its all about finding some bargains. We don't have a primark in my town but when I go home for weekends I always pop in to stock up on essentials like tights, undies and basic day-wear - t-shirts and leggings and so on! Absolutely love that bag, such a gorgeous colour and perfect for spring :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.