Tuesday 28 August 2012

Gauntlet - thrown down

I weighed in on Saturday morning at 6.15am. Yes, in the morning! We had to get up at the crack of dawn to catch a flight to take us to a weekend of wedding festivities and so bleary eyed I hopped on the scales. 12 stone 12lbs - dead on.

Oh my. Now normally I get on and off around 10 times as my scales can vary by quite a few pounds from reading to reading so I like to make sure I get the same reading time and time again. This didn't happen on Saturday. I didn't have time and so I've just had to go with that reading. And the reality is that its's probably quite accurate. I'm not going to stress about it though. So I'm 4.75lbs heavier than my lightest? I could lose that by a week on Wednesday (my next weigh in) if I got my finger out. In fact... that's exactly what I'm going to.

The weekend was incredible. So much fun. Filled with love and celebration - and not to mention a power of booze and food.  I didn't go completely nuts with the food but I definitely enjoyed myself.

So what's the plan? Well today is Tuesday - I'm right back on it today. And on it is where I shall stay until Friday morning when I weigh in again.  I had a [physio appointment today for my hip and she's given me some exercises to do at the gym and so I'm gonna a couple of times before my appointment next week. I'm also going to get out on the bike as well.

However, what I really want to do is gut the flat. The place is a mess. We have far far too much stuff and it is everywhere. Cupboards and groaning, the bed needs changed, clothes need washed and the place needs a really good clean. Tonight I'm going for a quick food shop and then it's home to make the place look less like a hovel and more like a home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.