Monday 11 April 2011

Harder Better Faster Stronger

At the moment I am actually getting quite a lot of joy from going to the gym. I know! Who writes such ludicrous statements? Part of me hates saying such things; so smug. It's not that I'm jumping for joy to be going it's purely from the fact I can see progress every time I'm there. I think it's my competitive streak coming out.

At some point in the last year or so I upped my regular speed on the treadmill from 8.6 to 9.2 and even through my prolonged absences from the gym I've managed to keep that speed up. Last week this went up to 9.4 and tonight, 9.5. Every other day the weights are getting heavier, the level on the cross trainer is going up and speeds are getting faster. I like this. I like feeling strong. I'm not really noticing much of difference in terms of getting thinner. I'm scrutinising every inch of me every day which probably doesn't help but I suspect it's because I'm not really getting any smaller!

However, where I might have slipped on the odd occasion on the food front I do feel like I am making up exercise wise.

Here's the rundown of my weigh day to weigh day week of exercise.

Wednesday: Nothing
Thursday: Nothing
Friday: 1 hour squash
Saturday: Approx 50 min cycle (7.2 miles)
Sunday: 5km run
Monday: Gym beasting. Mix of cardio and weights
Tuesday: Gym beasting

Onwards for another sterling day before the inevitable faffage with the scales.

4 comments:

  1. I feel tired just reading that. Off for a lie down now...

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muscle weighs more than fat! And studies have shown that exercise helps your body, no matter what weight you are. It's not just about weight! I think it's great what you are doing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with P - I'm exhausted just reading it!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.