I find it really easy to lose sight of the good things and how in control I really am when I feel like this. To feel like a winner, I need to think like a winner and so I here are the secrets of my success*
- Protein, protein and more protein - eggs and fish from a large part of my diet.
- Snacking. Forget crackers, low fat crisps, cereal bars etc. I either have a few slices of cold meat or fruit.
- Exercise. Not only does it make me feel good and help weight loss but when I go to the gym I can see how I look and I'm reminded of how far I've come.
- Mix up the exercise and keep increasing the speed/weight/resistance etc.
- Frylight. I haven't used cooking oil (vegetable or olive in months)
- Frozen grapes - amazing snack
- Cut back on carbs. I rarely eat pasta, bread, rice or cereal. Instead of 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of toast I have 3 eggs and no toast.
- Planning. I plan my week so that I can fit in all my exercise. That is done before anything else gets in the way.
- I love booze. It does not help me lose weight. We've had to scale back our relationship significantly. Definite correlation between consumption and lack of weight loss.
- Squats and lunges. I'm telling you - my legs have never looked so good!
- Keep on keeping on. Consistency is key.
And here is the week's exercise
Wed: 7 easy miles on the bike. 20 mins lunges/running/squats etc
Thurs: 1 hour badminton singles
Fri: 5km run and 10 mins squats/lunges
Sun: 2 mile walk
Mon: Heavy resistance gym workout
Tues: Spinning and 10 mins cardio.
So not a particularly intensive workout week but a good mix in there none the less. Okay, will report on weigh in tomorrow but to be honest I'd be okay with staying the same.