I do know that my hard work will pay off and the scales will catch up at some point. My frustration stemmed from the fact there had been a lot of obstacles and challenges in my way leading up to this week's weigh in which I navigated with carefully planning and shit load of hard work.With the amount of mental and physical energy I devoted over the past eight days, I wanted a return. Simple as that.
Since then, I've calmed down and have refocused on the six days until the next weigh in... or have I. Ummm... kind of. The thing is, I have caught an almighty head cold and I feel like utter poop (hence why I stayed in last night and tonight - that's a Friday and a Saturday night). I'm trying to keep the faith but the last thing I feel like doing is eating healthily and working out. In saying that, I have read that if you feel okay from the neck down then really you have no excuse to exercise and so while I rested up yesterday, I dragged my sorry backside to the gym on Thursday and today. I've eaten pretty much on plan and so fingers crossed that I feel better tomorrow and I can kick it up a gear before Thursday's weigh in. Yes, that's right, Thursday. Mark your calendars people, weigh ins are moving to Thursdays. More on that soon.
For now, I must thank Ruby over at Strictly Blooming for my stylish blogger award. Ruby and I are quite similar; we're both roughly the same age and weight and have lost the same amount of weight so I really enjoy getting a peek into her life.
And the rules of acceptance are:
Thank- the person who nominated your blog.
Share 7 things about yourself
Pass on to 15 friends (I'm not going to pass this onto anyone in particular but if you fancy doing it, horse on)
So here are 7 things about myself.
- This is not my first blog. I started blogging in 2005 and I was very open on the blog about who I was, including pictures etc. When The Highlander (my ex) and I split up I decided to make things bit more anon as I was talking about all sorts of topics and people and I wasn't too keen on revealing lots of juicy details when it was obvious who I was. I eventually shut down that blog when Moonraker (my ex- we split up almost exactly a year ago) discovered it.
- I am loud. I love to be the centre of attention and I like to be the one making people laugh, telling stories and generally being know for being fun.
- The thought of women earning less than men, or any general gender inequality makes my blood boil but I'm all for blue and pink jobs (you boy, take that bin out). I do tend to mother my boyfriends though and love to cook for them and generally take care of them.
- I am an outrageous flirt. I wouldn't describe myself as classically pretty but I do think I'm quite attractive and I certainly play it up with members of the opposite sex whenever I can, wherever I can.
- I am highly intolerant. Someone in front of me in the street walks too slowly? Hurry the fuck up. Someone gets my order wrong in a restaurant? Listen properly you idiot! Someone can't make a decision? Make up your bloody mind! This is getting worse as I get older.
- I am very determined and once I put my mind to something I just about always accomplish it. The only area of my life that I have struggled with this is my weight.
- I'd like to think I'm a good listener, marry that with a pragmatic nature and I used to (not so much now we're all older) often get friends coming to me for advice on anything from money and boys to relationships and work.