Thursday 21 July 2011

Weigh in

Oh dear. I said I would be happy if I stayed the same. What I didn't say is how I would feel if I put on 1.5lbs.

Yeah, I somehow put on a pound and a half. While it was unexpected and of course, I am disappointed I'm not really worried or stressing about it for the following reasons:

  • Yes, I worked out 5 days out of 7 but two of those workouts were not as intensive as usual
  • I ate a lot of sugar in the latter half of the week
  • My body felt tired towards the end of the week
  • I'm having a really heavy period that started 2 days before WI and is still going strong (that's a lot for me)
  • I don't really think I've put on 1.5lbs of fat - I don't feel any bigger
  • I drank quite a lot on Friday and some Pimms too on Sunday afternoon
  • I was scrutinising my thighs in the mirrors at the gym while on the treadmill. They don't touch in the middle when I'm running!
  • Muscles are sore this week from working out and so I know I'm still pushing myself
  • This is just one week out of many and the overall trend is downwards
  • I'm still in the 12 stone bracket - Waaaaaa!

Starting Weight: 204.25 pounds
Current Weight: 181.5 pounds
Weight Loss This Week: + 1.5 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 22.75 pounds

2 comments:

  1. Awww, how annoying! I always tell myself the same as you - it's physically impossible that you have put on 1.5lbs of fat in a week, so it's likely to be one of the hundreds of irritating reasons that the scales just don't play ball sometimes!
    I love your tips in your last post. I follow most of them, keep finding more and more similarities between us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all in agreement: those 1.5 pounds are temporary guests. No way you've put on that amount of weight according to your tracking. It's still annoying as hell to see that number go up on the scale though.

    PS - I'm insanely jealous about the 'thighs not touching' bit. I suppose I too could have thighs that don't touch. Check back with me in about a year...

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.