Thursday 20 February 2014

Weigh in

It is all going AWN, around here.

No surprises, 3/4 of a pound on. Based on what I ate over the last seven days, I'd say that was possibly to be expected. As I mentioned previously, I've found it hard to be as strict as it would appear to be in order to loose something. Anything.

However, I did do rather a lot of exercise...

  • Spinning
  • Gym workout
  • 40 min outdoor cycle
  • Gym workout
  • 1 hour 15 mins badminton singles
  • 1 hour racketball
Whatever.... that weeks is gone now. I need to look ahead. I spoke to my personal trainer about it today (at our first outdoors session, which I'll tell you ALL about later). I'm going to fill in a seven day food diary for him which will let him see where I could be making changes/better choices. I asked him, how is it that something that was working before has suddenly stopped working? How can this be? HOW?!!!!

He said the fact I've lost a stone and a half recently is great but the body adapts and sometimes it needs a kick start again. 'Well how come some people can lose 5 stone in one go - and they doing the same thing every day?" "Body type" he said. Well, that's really bloody helpful.

He asked me if I had exercised when I was younger and when I said no, he said - so we've got a battle on our hands. I suppose I am at a weight I've not been since I was about 17. That's half my life ago (gads- how is that so?!). My body is used to having this weight on it.

Something else he asked which I thougth was very interesting was how much water I was drinking. I am really bad at the moment. Some days it's a pint, others maybe two or three at a push. A very big push. When I revealed I drank about 4-6 cups of coffee a day... well, let's just say it didn't go down too well. He said: "Right there, that's something that's probably having an effect." Oh. I bloody love my coffee.  So it looks like it's goodbye to coffee bean loveliness and hello to aqua dullness.

Exercise wise he says that interval training is the way to go for weight loss. I told him that the gym workout was fine but after I'm finished I kind of feel like the blood is pumping and I'm ready for a run. He said, yes - absolutely go for a run but do 20 mins of interval training on the run. So, run fast for 20 seconds then recover for 30 (for example) and repeat.

So my plan for the next seven days is to go for gold. My diet is going to be plentiful, filled with healthy, nourishing foods. I am going to cut back on the coffee. I am going to up the water. I am going to significantly limit the booze. I am going to interval train - and generally do as much exercise as possible. I want there to be no shadow of a doubt that I have done everything within my power, and to my knowledge that will see me lose weight. I am 2lbs away from FF, FFS.

2014 Starting Weight: 12 stone 9.25lbs
Current Weight: 12 stone 6.25lbs
Weight Loss This Week: +0.75lbs
Total 2014 Weight Loss: 3lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.