Wednesday 23 March 2011

Weigh in

It's been an odd weigh in. The ultimate result is a loss of 1.25lbs. I'm pretty happy with that. I really wanted a 1.5lb loss as that would take me into the 13s and I am bit miffed it's not more as I have worked so so hard. It is on the back of two really strong weeks though so I'll take it.

What I am particularly miffed about is the flaming rigmarole I had to go through to get that number. I've got a set of fancy dan WW scales that not only tell you what weight you are but they also do body fat, bmi and water %. The instruction book tells you not to jump on and off them, taking several readings because they are so sensitive that if you are in a slightly different position they will give you a different reading.

Right.... okay. I get that but there is no way I am ever taking one reading and one reading only. How many of you only stand on the scales once? I'm willing to bet very few. I probably get on and off at least 4 times and that all depends on what the consistency of the numbers are. Today they were all over the frickin place. 14stone. 14 stone 1lb. 14 stone 2lb. 14 stone 1lb. 14 stone 2lb. 14 stone 2lb. 13 stone 13.5lb. 14 stone 1lb. 14 stone.

Eh?

So I'm not really too sure what the hell is going on. There is no way I have put weight on.  It's not possible. I'm going to take a sort of average and have stuck with 14stone dead on (yes, the very first reading!).

Regardless of what the scales are saying I feel a bit slimmer, especially around my middle and my waist. I'm doing all the right things and so I just need to keep on keeping on. Looking back over my number crunching spreadsheet, which logs all my weigh ins from June last year, three weeks was the longest I was actually consistent and lost weight. That's truly awful. If I carry on doing what I'm doing and lose something (anything!) next week then I'll have hit a four week run.

Onwards and downwards!



Starting Weight: 204.25 pounds
Current Weight: 196 pounds
Weight Loss This Week: 1.25 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 8.25 pounds

4 comments:

  1. Celebrate your accomplishments! 1.25 pounds is better than nothing. Or gaining for that matter. Be kind to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, thank you for stopping by my blog, lovely to hear from you! Well done on the loss this week, it is so true, who only stands on the scales once? I know I don't! But sneaky peeking is dangerous so we shouldn't really!
    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a veteran SoD botherer, I feel your pain, outrage and frustration. Bloody things - they hate me, I hate them. It's the natural order of things.

    But! You're either in the 13s or teetering on the brink - one good nose blow and you're in a whole new stone bracket, congratulations!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. A loss is a loss, right? Still frustrating as f*ck when you don't get the number you want though. I know that feeling well!

    Keep on it! You've got momentum on your side now!

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.