Wednesday 27 February 2013

Weigh in

I maybe didn't feel any thinner this week, but I certainly didn't feel two pounds heavier.

This morning, those pesky scales decided that I've put back on the 2lbs I lost last week. How odd. I was really surprised at first but then I remembered that all manner things go on when it comes to weight loss and this isn't the first, and probably won't be the last, time this has happened to me.

I had a really great week, both food wise and exercise wise. Yeah, there were one or two small things that I could have tightened up on but not enough to explain 2lbs. And so I'm not really that bothered about the numbers as I know the aren't telling the real story- little fibbers. Would I like them to be going down the way instead of up? Of course I would, but I know I'm doing all the right things and eventually those numbers will go down. I realise that sounds slightly threatening but I kinda like it.

So, I'm going to carry on doing what I'm doing while striving to better it. Besides, there are other achievements which I'm pretty damn chuffed with this week. I'm back on my bike regularly and I can feel my fitness returning when out on the streets (not puffing quite so loudly). My top half feels smoother, less sort of lumpy, if you know what I mean and I might even be able to wear a dress this weekend that I bought in December that I felt was just a little too tight. I definitely feel strong and my legs firmer and, here comes the biggie... last night at CrossFit I made the progression from jumping on stacked weights to jumping on a 20inch box! Boom! I am so bloody pleased.

I just need to remain mindful though... I popped home at lunchtime and found myself chomping on a bit of bread dipped in homous. That probably wouldn't have happened if I had lost rather than gained as I would be feeling the laser like focus that seems to come when the numbers go down.

So it's all eyes on the prize, action stations and game on.


Starting Weight: 190.75 pounds
Current Weight: 186.5 pounds
Weight Loss This Week: +2 pounds
Total 2013 Weight Loss: 4.25 pounds

1 comment:

  1. I agree, very demoralising. It's common for my scales to do a 2lb jumpy up thing for no apparent reason and then go back down again the next day. It's hard to stay positive while you wait though.
    You can do it!
    Cx
    http://not-so-highbmi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, spill.