Wednesday 22 January 2014

Wet weather plan

Tuesday night is swimming night.

TB is busy on Tuesday nights and so once he's wolfed down his tea and fled out the door, I potter around at home until the pool opens at 7.30 (thanks to various classes and clubs) then I jump in the car, off to the pool I got for a quick half hour of pool time. I then scoot back home and treat myself to some crap telly and faffing about on the internet.

Now that we only have one car and it's currently raining ALL THE TIME, the mile and a half to the pool from our house, my ways of getting there are somewhat limited. TB can drop me off on his way to where he's headed - but it's 45 minutes before the pool opens. Umm, no thanks. As I considered my options, I notices there was a spinning class at 7pm. What the hell, I thought. I'll go. And I did.

I could describe how tough it was and so on, but it's spinning. You pedal hard on a bike and at certain points you feel like being sick. That's really all there is to it.  I do actually quite like spinning but I already go every Thursday and I feel swimming is at least giving me some upper body work.

If it would stop being so bloody wet (the weather, not the pool) I would cycle to the leisure centre (that phrase makes me laugh. Leisure Centre. It's so 1996) but it's January, in Scotland. Y'know?

It's weigh day tomorrow and I have no idea how I feel about it. The exercise front has been pretty flipping incredible.
  • Spinning
  • 5 mile run
  • 5.4 mile run
  • Spinning
Over the weekend there was some wine. There were some After Eights. I've scoffed the odd cracker here and there, loaded with cream cheese or brie. But that really has been all that's not been healthy, homemade, low fat and  low calorie. I'd like to think there is a loss of a pound in the pipeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, spill.