It's Wednesday today and of course that means weigh day. Before I got on the scales I felt confident that I'd lost at least a pound. Even before the weekend I felt a bit more svelte and over the past few days I've noticed one of my pairs of workout breeks are a bit looser around the thighs, as are my jeans.
And... I right to be confident - goodbye 2.75lbs! The scales did show up 3lbs off at times but I've gone with 2.75 just to be on the safe side. I am over the moon. I was 13 stone 8.25lbs and I really wanted to totally bypass the 7 pound mark and get straight into the 6's but I smashed that- I'm 13 stone 5.75lbs! Whoopa!
Now, let's not forget I worked out six days out of seven, didn't have any food slip ups (just a several gin and slims, ahem) and I also stayed the same last week so I do feel this loss was earned. A quick exercise recap:
Wednesday: Gym workout
Thursday: Gym workout (more resistance than cardio)
Friday: 6 mile bike ride
Saturday: 3km run and back garden workout
Monday: 1.25 hour badminton (singles)
Overall May has been a pretty good month for me - it usually is since it's my birthday month.
Things I've learned in May:
- I feel better when busy. Work has been a bit quieter this month and while it's been nice to have time to potter about I feel guilty and miss the feeling of being productive.
- I dodged a bullet when Moonraker and I split up. Nice guy - but dear god, the issues!
- The highlander and I won't ever really be friends ever again.
- I can go on holiday without the fat mist (kinda like the red mist but with food) taking over. It's the first time it ever happened and I'm going to make sure it's not the last.
- TB is more emotionally mature than I realised.
- I need an exercise routine and just to accept that I am sticking to it - that's how it is.
- I urgently need a new sports bra.
- I love coffee more than I thought.
- Spokey Dokeys rock
- There are some shapely legs hiding under the lard and the calves are making a bid for freedom.
- Uphill sprints in spinning kill me
- Waking up with TB is one of my favourite things (boake!)
- I feel really content- the most I have for a long time and I think that is playing a big part in my weight loss.
Starting Weight: 204.25 pounds
Current Weight: 187.72 pounds
Weight Loss This Week: 2.75 pounds
Total Weight Loss: 16.5 pounds
ETA: Someone asked what the colour of nail varnish was that I was wearing in the pic the other day. It's Este Lauder's surreal violet.